Full English breakfast at Inspiral Cafe

You know some days when you wake up and you think, "I want a full English, I want it vegan, and I can't be harassed to cook it myself?" I thought you did. You looked the type.

Where do you go when it's one of those days? Inspiral Cafe in Camden? Me too!

I've praised Inspiral's cakes before, and I'm just about to do the same for their breakfasts. Because they were downright tasty.

I accompanied my breakfast with a spiced hot chocolate: I asked for cardamom, but got cinnamon. I didn't mind, it was lovely though. It looked like this:


But you don't care about that, do you? You're just after a big shot of the breakfast itself. Far be it for me to deny you, so here it is:


There's toast, a great big sausage, scrambled tofu, homemade baked beans, tomato and bubble and squeak.

There was also rocket and a liberal sprinkling of parsley all over the place, which seems incongruous in a fried breakfast, but I'll let it pass, because the whole plate was just great.

A particular highlight for me was the scrambled tofu, with black salt. I know this will seriously harm my vegan credentials, but I'm pretty sure this was the first time I'd had black salt in anything. I enjoyed the sulphurous tang it brought to the tofu, although whether it made it any more authentically egg, I don't know.

At this point, I sort of run out of superlatives. The beans? Great. The bubble and squeak? That was great. Oh yeah, and the mushrooms were really great. You get the picture: for £8 or so, you get a whacking great (that word again) breakfast with a view out over Regent's Canal. Bargain.

Inspiral is hugely popular and it's always a fight to find a seat. But come at breakfast time, and you'll get a seat to yourself and change.

It's worth noting that if you become a member of Inspiral, you get a couple of quid (I think) off your meal. Groucho Marx might have changed his mind about not joining a club that would have him as a member if he'd had breakfast here.

Inspiral Cafe
http://www.inspiralled.net/
250 Camden High Street
London
NW1 8QS
020 3370 3797

Comments

  1. Yum, that looks exactly like my kind of breakfast and being able to order a vegan version out rather than cook it all yourself at home is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I have no idea what bubble and squeak is? Ha ha. Breakfast is by far the hardest meal to find vegan options, at least where I live, so I'm super envious of that plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooo! It must be an English thing - in that case, consider a recipe coming right up!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that looks "great!" I wish we had a place that would serve vegan breakfast, so we could eat out every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing! I love scrambled tofu in a breakfast but have yet to try the black salt version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I still haven't had Inspiral's breakfast yet (even though at one point I was having dinner/cake at Inspiral pretty much once a week!). Definitely on my list of places to try, along with G&T (went there for lunch last week & just posted a review, now just need to go back for breakfast!). Looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Camden really is the place to eat out vegan! That just looks amazing! Definitely visiting Camden if I'm even going through the UK again someday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts